Thursday, November 09, 2006

Snips

I don't want to be posting. My time online is so fractured, all I want to do is plug back into my pages, blogs, boards and news sources whenever I'm able to get online.

Seriously, I've been bumped offline by my server twice in the last half hour already. Yeah, it sounds dire, still having these troubles BUT.. we're on our way towards successful completion. The warranty finally kicked in and they sent a guy to pick up the desktop. We're supposed to be getting vouchers to replace it, as good or better capacity. You KNOW I'll be checking...

I spend all of yesterday covered in goosebumps, feeling as if my skin was electrified. I was so anticipating a democrat win!! We had the tv on in the evening when they announced Rove, Oops, Rumsfeld.. (God, wouldn't a two-fer have been HEAVEN??).. was stepping down. I was busy, trying to use my sewing machine and couldn't contain my glee. Poor Lynnie-woo-woo, I was fluttering all over, measuring, cutting, ironing as I tried to watch the tv... LOL. Then Montana, MY Montana, rejected Conrad Burns! There was talk of a recount last I heard, but I'm already so proud of my state, my country!!

OKay what else>> trying to be quick before the machine eats my post. SEE how much I love you?<<<

OH *laughing* I'm taking driving instruction!! Go, laugh at me.. I laugh at myself. Luckily I've got a fabulous instructor, he reminds me of Dad. We get to yakking or laughing away and I totally forget that I'm supposed to be practicing good habits. Apparently I speed pretty easily as well *rolling eyes*. But it's helping immensely, I'm learning some good stuff, have a few good habits of my own and know I'll be able to fake it long enough to get my license. YEAH, you THINK it's funny. Would you like to move to a different country, one that doesn't understand a fucking thing about straight roads and intersections AND moves you to operating in the opposite side of the car? Is it any wonder I don't smoke in the car any more? I'M NOT THAT COORDINATED!! Seriously tho I have to admit, I was shocked when I realized I've never had formal instruction in driving a clutch. I'm learning some things and it makes a difference.

My job... there are some negatives. The work is still very repetitive. It takes time to make friends, to feel included. And yet, I'm happy, things get better everyday. I'm on the phone more, with agencies and contractors and learning a lot more that way. I'm able to make many decisions myself, feeling more confident. Everyone there, so far has been friendly, been nice. It takes a while to blow through the formality, the getting to know eachother, to find our ease. But it'll happen. *snort* If not now, I'm told the Christmas party will definitely mix us up.

Lynne has been sicker than shit this last weekend. Home Friday and Monday, then working from home Tuesday. I swear if I didn't put food in front of her and nag, she wouldn't have eaten a speck. The Wonky one was grey, growly, wasted. Head cold, body aches AND her period. Yesterday was good. She was tired early but the difference was amazing.

Her job is spectacular. Her co-workers are funny, sweet and supportive. One calls her MG, for Midget Gem! LOL. Shes wowing them all with her work and getting loads of positive feedback from students and peers.

OOps, out of time...

4 comments:

nelle said...

Thank you for the update, was nice catching up (and chatting.)

*hugs* to Lynne... and well, you as well!

But um... why oh why are you driving on *straight* roads???

gone said...

Too funny about the driving instruction!I am glad things seem to be going well, except for the computer issues. Tell Lynne to get well soon, hugs to you both

Trop said...

Good to see you again Nony. I always enjoy your posts.

Francesca said...

Yaaaayyy!!! You posted!!! ;) ;)

Yes, I was thrilled to see the American voters have awkoen from their slumber and made a change for the better....Interesting how Bush is softening his tone, now...very interesting...see, the power of the people, folks!

Now, let's hope Barack and Hilary make a run for the Presidency...

Good luck with the driving...I'm sure you will do well....But I'll stay off the sidewalks, juuuuusssst in cae! lol

Hugs to Lynnie and hope she is on the mend by now....

Have a super weekend - the pair of you!

Hugs!