Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring!!

Got my groove back, found some inspiration. The garden is showing signs of life so I've made myself a project of edging it. Wood, painted green, stakes. The trellis is green already. It's slow going though. The weather's still chilly (and rainy), so my periods of workable time outside are short. That's okay, it forces me to focus and the result will be less slap-dash. I hope

Sweetpeas are growing in the windowsill, in toilet paper tubes. (See me recycling?? - such a GOOD girl) They're quite lanky, but pinched already and will go out after the edging is finished and the glad & lily bulbs go back in.

I put in some pink primroses for color and something called bellis which makes little red pompoms. The bellis is forming buds already. I have mystery bulbs that have sent up skinny green knife-like leaves. Are they freesia? I'm not sure.

Larkspur seeds. Dahlia on the wish list. And petunias to tie the whole thing together.

I can see I'll have to pull out the camera real soon.

3 comments:

nelle said...

Spring fever! It was 60 today, 70 tomorrow... then colder again.

I have to start a garden this summer... thanks for the inspiration!

Lee said...

yeah pictures please, sounds like a beautiful cottage garden...I need dahlias this year too!

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh.we need pics!
it seems like garden time is months away here :o(