Saturday, November 17, 2007

Just a Little Grumble..

So I was up past 2am surfing around. If I'm going to waste some serious time on the computer, it feels best after Lou's in bed. I don't want to be a bad gf and have her feeling ignored too much while she's still up, ya know?

This morning we got up at 11. This is very nearly a miracle because lately I can't sleep in, no matter how much I'd like to. I think I may have that old-people thing happening already, like where you are up before the sun ... So I wake late and feel perfect. We make lattes and lay about in our jammies for a bit before doing some housework. She vacuums and dusts, I do dishes and mop the downstairs.

Her Dad drops by for a little visit, then as he's leaving a sister shows up for some help with her dissertation. It's almost 4 then and I head off to do the grocery shopping.

When I come out of the store, IT'S DARK ALREADY!! The day is OVER and the moon is out! Not only was it cloudy, rainy and miserable.. but my 'day' lasted a grand total of 5 hours.

I despise daylight savings time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean...I'm not too crazy about it getting darker earlier myself. It is harder for me to fit my midweek run in after work. I don't like running at night alone. So now after the change, I have to hurry get dressed and stretch. Unfortunately there's no time for eating, which leaves me being overly hungry after the run.

~take care

nelle said...

lmao at that old people thing. Whilst I rise at 6 during the week, weekends getting me out of bed before 8 is a major miracle.