Sunday, April 06, 2008

House Chores

My vacation is now history and Lou is through her Ofsted inspection at school. She's finished writing her book chapters and I have a bit more job security. It's time to focus our attention back on the house!

The loft has been boarded out so we have extra storage inside. The roof has been repaired and the bathroom has a shower and new tiles. But we're not done yet, oh no, not by a long shot!

We've just purchased very pretty wood flooring and new paint for the bathroom. It took a while to find the right color paint. We wanted a blue but worried the color would feel too cold. After about 5 or 6 tester pots we've settled on one called Harbor. It looks either gray or faint blue, depending on the light. Lou's just ITCHING to get started!

She said she thinks we can lay the new flooring ourselves, and I agree so that's the plan. We even bought a jigsaw! YAY, I LOVE powertools! ( is that nasty ...or just plain typical, coming from a lesbian?)

What will come next? There are a variety of choices! Looking outside, I've got to get the veggie patch tilled if I want a garden this year. Lou brought home fence paint that has to go up first. I'd like to landscape our little front yard. Further off in our plan comes the two decks we want to build off the french doors from the front room and the kitchen. I can see a new circular saw coming for that endeavor!

Inside, we've still got that shocking wallpaper that needs to come down. We're looking at some dark red paints for that wall instead. Some shade of yellow paint for the kitchen and some beige for a few other rooms. My parents have said they are coming to visit this summer and it's turned out to be a real motivator!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found a love for power tools when I moved in February. I decided to make the move all by myself. To move the furniture, I had to take some of it apart. I borrowed a Festool drill. I fell in love with that drill! I had my computer desk apart in under 5 minutes!

You'll have fun with the house chores.

nelle said...

More tools more tools more tools! A nice power compound mitre would be nice, a reciprocating saw, a router, belt sander, drywall gun, rotozip with circular tool diamond blade attachment, radial arm saw, circular saw... :)

Careful what tools ya store in the tool chest tho... in case ya lend the chest out, eh? ;-)

Ya gots da fever!