Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring is HERE :))

While I'm off work, recovering from the op, I have been anxiously waiting for the weather to warm up. It's been making me nervous, knowing it's prime seed-starting season but that I may not be up to tilling the veggie beds yet.

But yesterday was too glorious not to take advantage. The temp was 65 degrees and the sun was out! Lou and I got out of bed early and threw ourselves together. ( Okay to be fair, I am the high-maintenance one, while Loubie can put a dab of wax in her hair, wash her face and is ready to go. So, 'throwing myself together' entails a hairband to keep hair out of my face and a light layer of sheer foundation. LOL)

Then we were out the door. Breakfast at maccies, then into the grocery store for bbq fixings. On the way home, Lou and I stopped at the local nursery.

We strolled through the entire place. We picked up two trays of pansies and three unusual primulas. When we got home, it took me a while, but our three planting troughs are now pretty and very sweet, full of flowers and all ready to provide color for months.

Two of Lou's sisters came to watch the Grand National with us. Lou and I lost money... booo. The bbq was delish, if I do say so myself. (I am the boss of bbq in our house) I put the grill onto our firepit to cook the burgers and afterwards, removed the grill and threw in many big hunks of firewood for a lovely and warm bonfire.

It was a beautiful day. *contented sigh*

2 comments:

Haizey said...

It was truly a gorgeous day down south too. Spent the afternoon in a pub garden hanging out with friends, bliss :)

Could I pick you brains about moving over here from the US, if this is ok you can find my email address on my blog, thanks either way Nony

Anonymous said...

It's like Mother Nature was smoking something where I live. Last week, we had temps up to 90 degrees! But this weekend, things have come back down to normal with lows in the upper 40's and highs in the upper 60's. It is really nice to start the day with a sweatshirt/shorts and end it with a short sleeve.

I'm like Lou...wet my hair, wash my face. I can get ready in less than 10 minutes.

Hugs