Friday, June 30, 2006

There's Always Something

Uhhhhh, my head hurts.

Some time ago, the mower up and died on us. Its plastic bearings wore enough that the wheels have fallen off. It’s been a HUGE battle to get this thing replaced. I’ve had numerous conversations with customer service representatives, including one awful time where my voice got quite loud and my language teetered on the line of objectionable… but I thought we finally had this thing figured out.

Last night I drained the mower. LOL… managed to dip the ends of my hair in motor oil AND dribble it all over the flags. I even wrapped the mower in bubble wrap, which the company had sent. It felt like one giant joke. But I got it done because the pickup and delivery guys were coming today.

Nice guys, no problems with my wrapping job, took it away easy as pie. HOWEVER they didn’t have the replacement as promised. They just pick up.

When I called, because you KNOW I called to chase this down… I’m told it’ll be delivered before July 3rd. No matter that my paperwork specifically says ‘Your replacement order will be delivered at the same time.’ No, it’s coming from the manufacturer AND I’ll get a call to arrange delivery time before then.

Problem one – Another day off to wait for this thing
Problem two – Tomorrow’s Friday. The 3rd is the following Monday. In two
business days time, I’m going to get this phone call? Uh huh.

They’re messing with me. If delivery actually happens like they assure me it will, I will probably be struck mute… or unable to fart, which is just as unlikely.

I got a call today from an agency where I’d applied online for a job. The guys’ name is Simon and he’s asking me if I would come to Leeds on Tuesday to interview for a position in a Liverpool bank. Originally he asked me to come tomorrow but I managed to put him off with scheduling difficulties at work.

Leeds is 2 hours by train. But the position looks intriguing, so I take all the details and say yes.

I’m checking train times. Diving into my email and the job site to figure out where/what I’d applied for. He’d even mentioned specifically which bank so I hit their site.

And, as I’m doing this, I kid you not, email pops into my box. It’s from Simon at that same agency and says thanks for the application, I’m sorry you were unsuccessful at this time.

I only made one application to this agency. WTF? I don’t really want to travel that far for a formal interview, but I DO want a job. Has something disqualified me and Simon didn’t realize it? Uhhhhhh

My head hurts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking go with Simon... and do give a review of his performance ;-)

So you take a train for four hours to interview, but the interview is ultimately for a local job? Personally, if someone took a train 2 hours to get to an interview, I'd think this person has ambition and initiative (geez, that feels like there are a few extra i's in there...) and will do what she needs to do to get something done.

Save the farting for after the interview...

as for yer mower from hell, remind the company you blog, and if you blog on your experience, it puts the mfg'ers name prominently up on the google food chain for prospective customers.

Anonymous said...

She's going for the interview, ladies ;) Tomorrow...the Glorious 4th. Now if that ain't a good omen, I don't know WHAT is!

I'll be keeping everything crossed for you, doll. You SO deserve to get this.

xxxX most

nelle said...

Yeeeeee hawwwwwwww!!!

Thanks for the update, Lynne... everything is crossed for Kim!

Sending good thoughts into the employment universe...

nelle said...

Here's hoping your day went well Kim...