Monday, July 31, 2006

Checking In

This month has been a frenzy of activity. I believe I've lost track of even the last ten days. We spent one morning in Lynne's old classroom, clearing out file cabinets, bringing home enough boxes and crates to completely fill the trunk and half the backseat of my car. Lynne spent the rest of the day fitting it all into our office at home.

Then there was the problem with the drunken neighbor who went off in a mad fury when his son was asked to stop kicking the ball against the plants in the garden. He blew up in front of about five residents (including Lynne), swearing and ripping out bushes, making physical threats. The next day he realized how awful he'd been and perhaps how worthy of arrest, said he didn't want to fall out with his neighbors and apologized abjectly.

We've been out in the backyard in the evenings a lot, taking advantage of the cooler shade when the sun falls low enough. I've been hiking out multiple loads with the watering can, trying to keep my salad garden going in the unusual heat. The back step is lovely in the mornings as well, cradling a cup of coffee. Rizzo hasn't taken to straying far and is pretty good at coming when called so we've taught her to jump through the open diningroom window to join us outside.

The hot water tank is on the fritz again. Yes, the one we had replaced last summer. We're waiting for the plumber for the next few days, taking showers (separate boiler) and using the kettle for dishwater.

Lovely Lynnie is doing the premenstrual hurt. Poor puss, I hope this coil thing starts helping soon. But it's finally raining today, perfect weather for laying low.

I went yesterday with some friends to Chester. I took loads of pics and am trying to come up with some way to post them online, along with captions. My Mom would sure get a kick out of the history I got to lay my hands on. A roman ampitheatre... I felt like such a goof, so awestruck in the company of others so blase'. Does anyone have any posting site suggestions, something free and simple?

Still working six days a week. Job application still pending, some lady is still on vacation.

I received a second letter from my son. WAHOOO... mama loves it! His handwriting is barely legible, but I pour over it, wanting to absorb him and his feelings. He's good at conveying what he's doing and his reactions and I am so grateful. Most of my 'writing time' has been taken in letters to him, something I've not had to do in a long while!

I've also been lucky enough to have recently caught my daughter on two different occasions by phone. She was in a yakking mood.. lol, one time calling me after (her) midnight, not ready to sleep and wanting to hear me. Do you know how much that makes my heart blaze, the awestruck saturation I feel at their love for me?

Life, on the whole, is good. Busy.

3 comments:

nelle said...

Couple of ideas... you could open a flickr account and upload your pics there, or if you don't wish to do so, you can send them to me and I can create a photo album for you on under my blog account. I do have a flickr account, but they are fussy on pics, on my site... I own it, what goes on there is my concern, which means... post what ya wish! Usually if I wish to share a pic elsewhere, it gets uploaded to the blog (lots of my pics not necessarily displayed on the blog, but say... on message boards) have their own urls from being uploaded there.


*hugs* Lynne, hope things are indeed getting better for her monthly...

Yay on hearing from your son!

...posting site suggestions? Type pad is pay, and that is great, but the free is no better than blogger, some like wordpress.com. If you wish to play with this space, you can search out templates on the internet. You can search for blog templates on the net. If you see a blog you like and are unsure if they have provided the code, right click right on it's page, then click 'view source." This brings up the code for the blog, which you could copy... paste it to Word, then edit the content as you wish. You can change colours, add personal touches to the sidebar etc. For colour, there is a handy website I use to check them and to see what I like, if interested, let me know and will post the url for you.

...and thanks for checking in!

Elle said...

nony, I don't know if you can post pics but how bout myspace?

Anonymous said...

thanks for the hugs and the healing vibes nelle & pammie :)
I suspect I have another ovarian cyst - one of the side effects of this IUD I had put in in June - though I wasn't aware of this at the time! Gonna go the docs in the morning to get checked out.

Really appreciate your thoughts lovely ladies *smoochies*