Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Nonsense

I live in a state of exhaustion... of anticipation, of hope. I have yet to hear of a second interview, or official word of my insuitability. According to Simon, things are moving slowly and we're quite positive I'm still a good candidate. I dunno.

The court coordinator position I applied for ages ago... I heard they recently held interviews. LOL. Master detective that I am, I can deduce that my application was unsuccessful.

I spoke today with another recruiter who'd seen my CV online. Working for financial services she's looking to fill back-office admin jobs. I'm okay with that, as long as I can see progression in a direction I might better enjoy, a chance to build a bit of a 'career'.

This woman, Becky has me nervous though. What she picked up on was my data entry experience from 20 years ago. Noooooooooo, data entry is BORING. ( apologies to any and all ~ no offense meant) Don't make me go there! Still she's emailing me a list of sorts to give me an idea of their different client companies and roles within. There could be many opportunities. I will look.

I worked six out of seven days last week. Doing it again this week. The weather has been warm here, which I love.. but pair it with the job , non-functioning air conditioning and it's made work tedious. The highlights have been attempted shoplifters and the scary/sad people who come in wearing stained, dirty coats and reeking to high heaven.

We do and try to have a laugh where we can. I dance outrageously behind the liquor kiosk on slow nights, to the amusement of the cashiers at the regular counters. We sing together to the muzak and mess with the customers.

On Sunday just gone, Lynne and I went to a bbq in her honor. It was a surprise, but I just told her she had to be ready to go out by a certain time the night before. It gave her time to finish grading, plan which frilly dress she wanted to wear and get on plenty of sunscreen. I find I LIKE surprising her! We really enjoyed ourselves, the company was great fun.

This Wed night we're going to another party, her end-of-year faculty do. Some nice Italian restaurant in town. While I know from experience that it will not be a laugh-riot, the food should be nice and it's exciting for me to go 'into town'. LOL

Friday night we're going to a comedy show at the Cavern. If that name rings a bell it's because that's where the Beatles were 'discovered'. The city is hosting a variety of comedy acts over this next month and we bought tickets. I love these kinds of nights, we went to something similar earlier this year.

My next day off is Sunday. The ONLY plan we have is this; after we get up, we'll toss on playclothes. Then we hit the cafe around the corner, nabbing two bacon sandwiches (with brown sauce) to go. Then we head down to the beach near where I work. We might take the kites.

The rest of the day is up for grabs. We've been so busy though, don't know how we're going to ever fit in Superman or Pirates II.

4 comments:

nelle said...

The good news is Simon hasn't said so sorry... the bad news is it takes forever. Looking back, I tested to enter the agency on 14 September, and was offered the job on 4 October. For my current position, I applied somewhere around 11 December, and was offered the position on 8 March. I hope your wait is shorter. ;-)

Enjoy the comedy club, and have each of you have a drink for me! (Or two)

Ting said...

Sending you lots of good luck vibes on the job front, Nony. And enjoy all those fun activities you have planned with Lou!

Elle said...

*hugs*

I had to wait 2 mos for the word on this job (which i like and have been doing for 3.5 yrs) because my boss's wife inconveniently went into labour, lol! So he was off on paternity leave and didn't make a decision for ages.

BTW, make time for Pirates 2. It's awesome ;o)

Elle said...

Further news on films - also make time for Superman Returns! see my blog for review ;o)