Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Wanting Mood

It's hard to describe, this Wanting.

Not 'the Gimmes' where I am poverty-stricken yet everything I see fits perfectly or is the right color..

It's more like the need for something to consume me, something to inhabit every spare corner of my brain, to feel passionate about. In a way this could be the desire for some kind of project - except that this fucking UK drivers license could ALSO be called a project. I'm so sick of THAT one I'm tempted to take the instructors car up onto two wheels at the next hard corner, just for a laugh.

Problem is, none of my other little pastimes or projects merit enough enthusiasm to even begin the messes they naturally entail; sewing or gardening or even cooking.

No focus. Nothing calling to me. Just wanting.

1 comment:

Trop said...

Me too. I want to know what it feels like to be passionate about something.