Sunday, May 06, 2007

Cue Exploding Head...

How much can you have on your plate at once? Guess it depends on the size of the plate, huh? Make ours a platter, please?

Each summer, as the weather's grown warmer, the neighbors get crazier. First year it was kids in the back thrashing everything in sight, with no parents to stop them. Last year, the parents were going mad as well. One guy yelled at all of us and pulled plants out of the ground. He was drunk as fuck and having spent time in jail, is scary and too unpredictable

Another OLD couple started pushing around Lynne's sis and threatening to 'show them'... to call their fully-grown sons to teach them a lesson. They said it was because the garden needed weeding but the truth was they were upset that their granddaughter had been forced to move from the complex because she partied loud all hours. It's all too much and we want away from them and the shared space that's causing the problems. You KNOW I've quit the gardening contract. Screw that.

So we've decided to put the flat on the market and went house hunting. Before we'd even had one viewer to our place, naturally, we found the house WE want. Great timing, eh? We've offered the asking price and asked them to stop showing the house.

With any luck, it'll work out okay, timing-wise as they haven't even begun to house hunt themselves yet.

In the beginning of June, we're flying home to Montana for my daughter's graduation. My son is scheduled to make it, as are my parents.

My folks were waffling on coming over for this thing. They'd just moved house themselves.

Then they each had physicals and Dad's showed dangerous blockages in all four of his arteries!! They wanted to do open heart surgery the very next day after the discovery but Dad said no, the recovery is too hard and he's not exactly strong anyway. So he had angioplasty with three stints put in. The fourth artery had calcified so they're treating that with medicine!! Unbelieveable, he got to go home the very next day. *head spinning* This happened last week and he's home in the new house now, all fine and dandy. They're definitely coming to the graduation now.

A week after we get back from Mt, Lynne goes in for a surgery of her own. She's got an endometriomal cyst on an ovary that has to be drained and cut away. This is supposed to happen laproscopically and only take a few weeks recovery provided there are no complications.

Don't know when the flat will sell.. it makes me all kinds of nervous. I suppose she could just boss me from a lounge chair if worst came to worst, right?

Oh I almost forgot, I'm applying for new jobs again too. With so much going on, I'm not EVEN phased about that!

Then, towards the end of summer, we've got to put together the form and all the required documentation to send for the Home Office to grant me permanent residency here. I know I've run the shredder a few months ago and am seriously hoping I haven't destroyed anything that might be needed.

Let's hope my head doesn't count.

1 comment:

nelle said...

That's a lot to deal with... sending you and family good thoughts that all goes well.

House hunting is exciting!