Monday, March 09, 2009

Lost

I got lost again this morning. Our branch has moved to new offices and I had every intention of figuring out the way over the weekend.. but forgot. So I opted for the motorway route this morning, thinking how hard could it be? The business park is right off a particular exit.. blah blah blah.

Uh huh.. as I got closer, I saw signs announcing that MY exit was closed! I took an earlier one, which looked easy on my map... and got COMPLETELY twisted around. Freaking roundabouts and curvy roads! Almost near tears, I was just about ready to pull over and ring Lynne, see if she could help, when I noticed the name of a road I'd seen before. I gave myself a few hundred more feet down the same road and lo and behold.. I'd arrived!

What pisses me off about the whole thing.. we're all probably going to be made redundant before the end of the year. Yeah, I've fallen in the shit again.

Our company is trialling an new program which automated a lot of my job. There's also whispers of centralizing to Manchester. Sux sux sux...

I ended up parking in the wrong lot when I arrived this morning.. and had to ask how to get the gate to open again for me before I left.

So it's not really any surprise to me that I did something I haven't done for ages.. I nearly got in the wrong side of the car.

Reminds me too.. last week I reached inside the bathroom to turn on the light.. when over here the switches are outside the room. Maybe I'm reverting. Lol, pretty soon I'll be back on the 'wrong' side of the road!!

2 comments:

llhaesa said...

You have gained experience, a nice listing on a resume, etc etc etc...

How far is Manchester from where you live? Wait... checking google maps, got my spyglass and ruler out - I miss the days of 'it is only an inch away!' 35 minutes... not so bad a commute, says me, a person who loves to drive.

By the way, I love the word roundabout. Always have, and think we over here miss out on all the good stuff!

nelle

Ginny said...

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}